1) British East India Company set its first footsteps on Surat in the year 1818. – A legendary movement for India.
2) Ranked as the third cleanest city in India- In Swachh Survekshan league 2020 Surat got 3rd rank under Q1.
3) The Surat Railway station is also awarded as the cleanest railway station in 2016.
4) Ranked as the 4th fastest growing cities in the world – 10 fastest growing cities in the world are there in India and amongst them 1st position lead by Surat.
5) Surat was the first Indian city to install CCTV cameras on roads to monitor the traffic movements in 2019.
6) Surat has the maximum number of bridges in India. Along with the name ‘Diamond city’, Surat’s also knows as the city of flyovers.
7) World’s 95% of rough diamonds are cut and polished here.